The Newton Planning Dept has written an extensive memo concerning the Chestnut Hill Shopping Center proposal.
View the entire memo here. Or, here are a few of the planning department’s key recommendations
– There should be no snow stored on site.
– If the Shopping Ctr gets approval for parking spaces on the Frontage road, parking spaces be removed from the area adjacent to Hammond Pond
– Consideration to use of bikes on the frontage road, including the possibility of linking with planned bike lanes on Hammond Pond Parkway.
– Parking demand exceeds supply at some points in the years and is more than 95% full for 3 months a year.
– Insisting that the Shopping Ctr redevelopment be coupled with improvements to the water quality of the pond and access to the pond
– There is no discussion of the exit from the shopping center onto Hammond St, since that is in Brookline.